Posted on

Why buy Organic CBD?

The organic craze is sweeping the globe. Stickers, signs, billboards and chatter are flooding large grocery stores, small markets and general social chat. Organic farmers’ markets and notations on food menus are surfacing. From makeup to food products, lotions, spices and clothing, it seems this label is becoming increasingly popular.

Whether it’s used as an upscale feeling to buy only organic, the root of it all is simple, clean, pure and well…natural! If it’s posh to be natural, that’s the only way we want to be.

First off, what is organic?

In the US, to be classified as organic, a seal certification such as “USDA Organic” or “Certified Organic” is necessary. A product must be 95% free of synthetic additives like pesticides, chemical fertilizers, irradiation or genetic engineering. The remaining 5% is allowed to be processed with additives from an approved list.

An inorganic product is chosen to be raised as such by a farmer. Cannabis can be either organic or not. The reason farmers would choose to not certify their farms or participate in an organic crop, would be because the growing, maturing and nurturing takes less time, can produce more of the plant and is much more inexpensive to not be organic. These are a few factors that catalyst the decision. The problem surfaces within the chemicals that are gracing this herb in which we ultimately ingest.

Here are some jarring facts about pesticides’ and fungicides’ impact on the human body:

  • Negative impact on nerve function
  • Cause symptoms such as asthma
  • Links between pesticides and certain types of cancer (childhood leukemia, lymphoma, breast, prostate, brain, pancreas, and liver cancers)
  • Hormone disruption which can impact fertility
  • Farmers exposed to certain pesticides have 70% higher risk of developing Parkinson’s disease.

The oxymoron lies within, ingesting inorganic cannabis for health benefits. CBD use is strictly for medicinal purposes of pain management, inflammation reduction, anxiety reprieve, etc. so why on Earth would one wish to ingest a product that is a bit counterproductive? Our hands are up in the air with question marks above our heads too. 

The only way a company can claim their organic card is by utilizing organic productions throughout the entire life of plant growth. This means, the soil should be free of chemicals, the water, growth aids, and the natural pesticides utilized.

Organic growth can cost a bit more money for the farmer which yes, can be a trickledown effect, meaning, the consumer is charged more for the end product. The price increase spawns from the carefully cultivated time and effort taken to make sure the herb has a holistic growth cycle. These plants are not mass produced with chemical plumping soils or pesticide and fungicidal sprays, so organic crops can take a bit longer to grow and sometimes farmers don’t produce as quickly as inorganic producers. These factors can increase the price consumers pay in the end.

When sourcing your organic CBD, ask your local budtender, dispensary or company purchasing from regarding their certification. Don’t just go halfway with your health regime, dive in and reap a completely wholesome product. Your body will thank you.

Source: https://www.greenroadsworld.com/blogs/news/why-should-you-buy-organic-cbd/